COFFEE AND CASHFLOW!!! MORNING NETWORKING MEETING & REHAB PROJECT

COFFEE AND CASHFLOW!!! MORNING NETWORKING MEETING & REHAB PROJECT

When:

Where:This is a residential neighborhood, please be curtious, 615 ASH STREET Algonquin, Illinois 60102

Cost:$10

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Barrington, IL · Member since 2010 · 204 posts · 54 votes

Join us on FRIDAY, JANUARY 18TH, at 730am for our SUPER SUCCESSFUL morning networking meeting...

COFFEE AND CASHFLOW

THIS MEETING WILL BEGIN "ON LOCATION" AT 615 ASH ST, ALGONQUIN, IL AT THE SITE OF A CURRENT REHAB PROJECT-- PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE UPDATED LOCATION.

AFTER VIEWING THE REHAB PROJECT, WE WILL RETURN BACK TO THE OFFICES OF INVESTOR'S TITLE AND TANIS GROUP REALTY

All active, new, and experienced real estate investors are welcome to attend!! There will be no selling of products or services to the attendees!

Wholesalers, Landlords, Flippers...

Coffee, Donuts, and intriguing conversation included!

This event will be held at the offices of TANIS Group and Investors Title Services and be an open forum for attendees to discuss their challenges, successes, questions and answers with Dan and Joe.

Bring business cards, industry contacts, and a notepad!

The start and finish arrival and leave times are not mandatory for attendees-- stop by if you can and join in the networking on your way to the office or stay the entire time!
$10 @ THE DOOR, COFFEE AND BREAKFAST SNACKS PROVIDED!

0Reply
24 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Townsend, MA · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Wish I was in Illinois,...(-:

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Westchester, IL · Member since 2009 · 126 posts · 55 votes
    7y

    $10 at the door?  This seems more like a BYOC event to me....just sayin'.

  • Barrington, IL · Member since 2010 · 204 posts · 54 votes
    7y

    @Ryan ODonnell yeah I can see why you'd say that.  Based on doing meetups for quite a few years what I learned was that if you don't put a price on it, there's no value to attend it.  We charge $10 we get more people.

    In the past I've done everything from evening events with free food and drinks (about $100-150+ depending on food and drink) to renting 100 person occupancy basements in restaurants in schaumburg for $1200 a night with food included with sponsors paying $200-300 each to cover the cost (including me paying my $200 or so as well) and over time it seemed like charging a small door fee, regardless of what you get at meeting, increases attendance and the quality of "investor attendees."  More people actually doing things than tire kickers we will call it.

    Of course I am not an event planner, and I'm sure there's always a better way... and I am open to new ideas, including location/cost/topics and general management of the event.


    Last 2 times I hosted a "coffee and cashflow event" I spent around $80 on coffee, donuts, bagels, and the ancillaries that go with it like creamer etc.  

    I guess if we were meeting at starbucks and everyone paid on their own way I would agree.  But with 10 people crowded around a busy starbucks it doesn't seem very conducive to what I think we are trying to achieve....

    Of course I'm open to any opinions and thoughts... Do you think the $10 scares attendees away?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Westchester, IL · Member since 2009 · 126 posts · 55 votes
    7y

    Naw man, I should have just kept my opinion to myself.  I'm sure you're just trying to give people a solid place to network and see actual deals, which I shouldn't discourage.

    I'll definitely try to make it out to one of these.

  • Barrington, IL · Member since 2010 · 204 posts · 54 votes
    7y

    cool, love to see you out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.