Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Events & Meetups
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kathleen Everitt
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northwest Arkansas
Votes |
Builders Circle ~ Fire Marshal Yarno with Update on New Codes

Kathleen Everitt
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northwest Arkansas
Posted
This event is brought to you by:

No Replies

• 06/04/24 05:30PM - 07:30PM America/Chicago
  • Golden Corral 2605 Pleasant Grove Rogers, AR , Arkansas 72758
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Building codes can be so confusing that many investors may just ignore them. Not the best plan! When you understand the reasons for the codes and what cities are trying to accomplish, they make more sense.

Tonight Benton Co. Fire Marshal Yarno offers a fun way to walk us through the building codes maze and what new codes are implemented for them. While the codes may vary from city to city - 39 municipalities in NWA, the basis for creating them and how they affect what you can do with your investments is the same. He'll share with us:

· Why are codes implemented

· Why it's important investors comply

· How to find the codes for your town

· What to do if you need a variance

Gary Yarno is the Director of Fire Services and Building Safety for Benton Co. Gary also serves as the Fire Marshal for Benton County. He previously served for 20 years as a professional firefighter and in San Bernadino Co. His goal is to help you understand the permit and code requirements when building in unincorporated Benton County.