Should I do a cashout refi on my rental property?

Should I do a cashout refi on my rental property?

Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi, im looking to purchase another rental property and just wondering if a cashout refi is my best option. 

I purchased my first property in January 2021, with the prices of homes going up, my equity has also gone up. If anyone with experience in cashout refi's can give me some advice or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

0Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2020 · 86 posts · 91 votes
4y

I would say it all depends on what you want. If your focus is investing, will the numbers on the property still work after the refi? What is your intent with the money you pull out of the refinance? Would that money be better sitting in that property or is there a higher and better use for it elsewhere?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2020 · 86 posts · 91 votes
    4y

    I would say it all depends on what you want. If your focus is investing, will the numbers on the property still work after the refi? What is your intent with the money you pull out of the refinance? Would that money be better sitting in that property or is there a higher and better use for it elsewhere?

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Yes , the money would be to purchase another rental property, im fairly new to this and don't know much about how a cashout refi's work. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Andres Britos yes you absolutely should!

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Yes , the money would be to purchase another rental property, im fairly new to this and don't know much about how a cashout refi's work. 

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Thank you sir I will sure try

  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 499 votes
    4y

    How much equity do you have in your rental? If you paid full price for your rental and did 80% LTV, even in this bizarre market, I highly doubt you'll walk with much 10 months later.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I Paid 170k with a 25 percent downpayment, currently owe 125k and the home is worth roughly 220k, so about 95k in equity.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.