Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback
Account Closed
Votes |
Anyone have experience with REI HUB?

Account Closed
Posted

I'm trying to find a good program/app to manage collecting residential rents. I have only 3 doors now but I'm getting more soon.

Some one mentioned REI Hub so I'm looking for some user reviews and other suggestions that you may have experience with.

I downloaded the free 30 day trial of REI Hub but I think it will take more time to set up than the help it will provide.

User Stats

Votes
Scott M.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rochester Hills, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rochester Hills, MI
Replied

No experience with that one in particular but I can tell you that you are on the right track.  I know it seems hard and it will take time but take full advantage of the 30 day trial.  That is the only way you will know for sure if this is going to work for you or not.  When this 30 day is over, try another one.  And another.  Look around, put the work and effort into it and see what YOU think is the right one for you.  

User Stats

Votes
Charlie Mahlman
  • Investor
  • Bellevue, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bellevue, WA
Replied

@Account Closed, curious, what did you end up going with? we're in similar boat...

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Joe Semifero
  • Engineer / Program Manager / RE Investor
  • Dexter, MI
Votes |
  • Engineer / Program Manager / RE Investor
  • Dexter, MI
Replied
Quote from @Account Closed:

I'm trying to find a good program/app to manage collecting residential rents. I have only 3 doors now but I'm getting more soon.

Some one mentioned REI Hub so I'm looking for some user reviews and other suggestions that you may have experience with.

I downloaded the free 30 day trial of REI Hub but I think it will take more time to set up than the help it will provide.

I started using REI Hub this year and it has been fantastic. Having a system tailored to real estate investing and doing everything I would want a bookkeeping system to do has made the financial information I have much more accurate and timely. Also, after learning the system, setting up rules, and learning how to address my specific special situations, I spend about an hour a week managing the books for 35 doors. 

The biggest asset of the system is the REI Hub support. I have had a number of questions (how to handle land contract payments, how to set up security deposit refunds, etc.) and between their online support and responses to my questions via email, I have yet to run into a situation I couldn't address. 

If you want double entry accounting, flexibility, and solid support, REI will allow you to manage your rentals on your own. 
Account Closed
Votes |
Replied

Thanks for that advice Scott

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Joe Semifero:
Quote from @Account Closed:

I started using REI Hub this year and it has been fantastic. Having a system tailored to real estate investing and doing everything I would want a bookkeeping system to do has made the financial information I have much more accurate and timely. Also, after learning the system, setting up rules, and learning how to address my specific special situations, I spend about an hour a week managing the books for 35 doors. 

The biggest asset of the system is the REI Hub support. I have had a number of questions (how to handle land contract payments, how to set up security deposit refunds, etc.) and between their online support and responses to my questions via email, I have yet to run into a situation I couldn't address. 

If you want double entry accounting, flexibility, and solid support, REI will allow you to manage your rentals on your own. 

Great advice Joe

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Charlie Mahlman:

@Account Closed, curious, what did you end up going with? we're in similar boat...

I purchased SimplifyEm. But I took a year and a half before I tried to use it. I don't think it's easy to use. It's too non-intuitive

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I have been using REI Hub for a month now. I had to transition from Quicken Home to a double entry system and after some research, I chose REI Hub! I've found it super easy to use, and when I've had questions I can speak to a real person to get the answers. I've emailed questions as well as scheduled a call. I found all the people there to be so helpful and knowledgeable! This is only an double entry accounting program, not a management program...but it is specifically set up for real estate investors! You can do a trial for a month to dip your toe. That's all it took to convince me that it was just what I wanted. I love the fact that you can create rules that match the bank feed so that you don't have to "book" each and every transaction that comes through. I've never used QuickBooks, but after investigating, it seemed that I would have to go with the Desktop version (versus the cloud based version). Because my son is also super involved with our properties, I wanted a seamless interface for him to be able to use. You can invite as many people as you wish to access the software both on their laptops and on their smartphones. With QuickBooks Desktop version, I'd have to copy the file and email it to him each time he wanted to input something on his laptop. Then, he'd have to copy that file and send it back to me! That's too many hoops to jump through.

User Stats

Votes
Don Panchamsingh
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Marlton, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Marlton, NJ
Replied

Thank you to everyone who have commented on REI HUB. I use TurboTenant for my 3 rentals and they recommended REI HUB so I was looking online for reviews. No one has had anything 'bad' to say about it so I think I'm going to sign up! Thank you again to BP members!!