Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Whiteley
Votes |
Switching to New Property Manager and Need Help!!!!

Amanda Whiteley
Posted

I currently have 3 doors in IN with Ocean Pointe investments and I am switching to BHB Investments for some pretty serious reasons.  But where I am at right now is one of my tenants (that we think is a tenant right now and not a squatter) has been left 3 welcome packets and has not yet made contact with BHB.  BHB has suggested that we start the eviction process next month, which I am on board with.  But, they mentioned that if this tenant shows up with a lease (from Ocean Pointe) and copies of receipts showing they paid rent (to Ocean Point) then we would lose the eviction.

OK- so will we then get the chance in that court room to state that we have a new property management company and they should be paying rent to them in the future?  My concern is that if this tenant is paying or continues to pay Ocean Pointe we will not see our money. (Again, I can't comment too much on this part for legal reasons) My main question is will we get to redirect the tenant in court? Have the tenant fill out the lease information with BHB and then start paying BHB? Or am I just screwed?

Loading replies...