Best resource to compare markets for Single/Multi-family Rentals

Best resource to compare markets for Single/Multi-family Rentals

Snoqualmie, WA · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 6 votes

BP colleagues,

 I've been starting to look at deals in my local area (Seattle/Tacoma/Everett WA) for single and multi-family rental properties.    For a couple of reasons, I'm also considering looking outside this area:

1 Prices are significantly higher in my area than other parts of the country and it would tie up a lot more capital to get started.  This could limit how quickly I'm able to build a portfolio of properties. 

2. Because of the prices in my area, it seems harder to find properties that meet my basic criteria for cash flow in my area.

I'd like to find a resource that enables me to compare rental property markets in one view.  I'd also like to start networking with the  folks in out-of-state markets. 

Any thoughts or guidance?  Thanks for your time and input!

J

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Professional · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 124 posts · 31 votes
    9y
    Maybe Craigslist may help you. It’s often used to analyze rents in real estate market. Sadly, I don’t know any particular services that help you to compare rental property markets, I suspect other people can cover that. To my mind, if you want to get the information about particular real estate market fast, ask the real east agents in this area. I think this the best way to get an accurate data.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.