Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Elena T.
  • Elk Grove, CA
Votes |
Serving first 3-day Notice to Pay/Quit - Any helpful experience?

Elena T.
  • Elk Grove, CA
Posted Jan 25 2016, 14:40

I'm serving a 3-day notice to pay or quit this afternoon. It's totally my fault; I allowed an alternative method for a month, and the tenant took full advantage of my willingness to work with her. I've heard nothing for a few days.

I understand what the process if she doesn't answer, but this is a real pain in the rear. She's been a decent tenant for the first 12 months of her lease, but it was full of late payments and excuses. From now on, I must be strict. I admit, I've been very lucky in the past, with wonderful tenants, this is my first tenant that has had any issues. I didn't pay attention to  the excuse pattern until recently, when an agreed upon term was not met, nor was there a call regarding it. 

I know what I must to do, legally, to get past due monies and how to move forward if she responds/fails to respond. This thing makes me nervous as I've heard some horror stories from Landlords as California is a tenant friendly state.

Does anyone have any helpful tips, experience they'd like to share with this kind of situation? 

Cheers, Elena

Loading replies...