Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
I'm probably going to hire a lawyer since I live in MA, the most joyous of all tenant friendly states. However am also considering just offering $1,000 cash for keys, since it'll probably be faster and cheaper.
My big fear is that they will mysteriously have a slip and fall when I send them a notice to quit, which has happened to me before. Tenant cannot pay rent, mysteriously slips on ice, and asks for 20k from insurance. Is there anything to protect against this? I want to have all this done before it starts snowing and becomes more likely. I can't think of anything aside from literally installing cameras everywhere, but if they wanted to they could just rip cameras down so that seems futile.
Mckinney, TX · Member since 2015 · 86 posts · 11 votes
11y
I would say hire a lawyer and have them moving quick and don't install cameras .. Hopefully this slip and fall won't happen to you again as it is fraud on the tenants behalf best thing I think is to keep quiet lay low and keep a close eye on your property