Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ted Bozoukov
Votes |
Rental Lease form

Ted Bozoukov
Posted Jul 3 2024, 08:16

I spoke to an evictions attorney who helped me in the past. She advised to update my lease and move in/out checklist with recent law changes. She wasn't sure where I can purchase those forms. I have been using thelpa.com lease but not sure how often they update it since they do all states. I called couple of property managers and none of them sells the forms. I think I have to pay $$$ if a lawyer generates the forms so I don't want to do that. Any advice?

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Replied Jul 3 2024, 13:23

Bigger Pockets has lease agreements by state that you can purchase for $99 right now. Go on up to TOOLS at the top of the page and click Lease Agreement Packages. Better yet, get a Pro membership and then they are free.

User Stats

Votes
Andy Eakes
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jul 18 2024, 15:11

Hey Ted! Before I became a realtor and got CAR forms, I got my leases through my membership with the Southern California Rental Housing Association. They have lawyers create the leases and they're updated as new laws go into effect. Should be much cheaper than getting a lease written up by a lawyer yourself.

Hope that helps!

Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
Managing your property just got WAY cheaper and easier! Handle repairs, rent, listings, and more with the touch of a button - property manage like a pro!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jul 19 2024, 05:33
Quote from @Ted Bozoukov:

Biggerpockets sells a Lease Agreement Package under "TOOLS" at the top of your screen. $100 for a lease and several other documents, written by investors and attorney approved for your state. It's better than what you'll get from most attorneys and what you'll find on the internet.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Jul 20 2024, 12:46

@Ted Bozoukov BP has what youre looking for. I have downloaded their leases and the check in check out form was super detailed. Youll need to retool it to make sense for you but thats easy enough! Word of advice have this either scanned as a PDF post use or figure out a way to do electronic fill out. I have lost one in the past and it was a total pain in the butt when the tenant moved out...