Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Divya Sosa
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Atlanta GA
Votes |
Tenant paid late rent two consecutive months

Divya Sosa
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Atlanta GA
Posted Jul 2 2024, 09:58

Hello guys, 

I have a tenant who started leasing my residential property in March'24. The rent comes on time for March, April and May. June they paid late rent with the penalty. July they are going to pay late rent again. Tenant says that is due to kid being sick and she missing work due to that. I sympathize with the tenant but I am thinking to send them an email reminder that rent is due on 1st of the month and its not okay to continuously pay late rent. 

Tenant have a co-signer on the lease. Would it be wise to send them an email strongly indicating that its not okay to make late rent payments continuously and that the co-signer needs to step in during these kind of circumstances?

I am thinking to send them a lease violation notice in August IF the August rent is also late. Which I suspect will be the case again because there are only three weeks between the July rent payment and Aug due date.

And perhaps in that case, I am thinking to offer them cash for keys to vacate the property (After the property is vacated and condition of the property is verified) rather than hoping that this will get any better. 

Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks in advance