Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Nancy E.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Property Management Issue

Nancy E.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted

We have been using the same PM for 8 years and have been happy for the most part. However, the latest turn required extensive maintenance and upgrades. We kept the security deposit but it was about 1/8th of the total bill. Some of the repairs we authorized but some were done without our consent - we were just billed. From our calculations, in 2024  we will lose 1/2 our income on this single-family property in Florida.

Any suggestions on our response to the PM? We would prefer not to fire them. The damage by the outgoing tenant was not that extensive to warrant all the upgrades. Our PM has previously said they must have properties they manage up to a certain ‘standard’.

We do not want to pay legal fees for Small Claims Court.

Any help is appreciated.

Stephen E

Loading replies...