Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Security Deposit Return- PLEASE HELP!!!

Ebony M Marshall
Posted

I am a tenant living in Chicago. I lived in an owner-occupied building with 2 total units.  I moved out March 30, 2024 and just recently received a letter from the landlord (54 days later) with deductions  and reasons of not returning.  Some repairs included, walls to be repainted (I caulked the holes from mounting tvs), garbage was on the ground in the in the alley, furniture was on the ground in the alley.  I informed her the same day that when I put out my garbage a man went dumpster diving as no garbage was left in the home.  She speak of having to clean the carpet because there was a juice stain on it.  I lived there since 11/1/2021 to 3/30/24.  She also received extra money from Illinois Housing for a month I was no longer living there.  The owner-occupied portion makes things difficult, what options do I have? 

Loading replies...