Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$69.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Lakesha Miller
  • Richmond, CA
Votes |
Cable Line Installed leading straight through out the front of my property

Lakesha Miller
  • Richmond, CA
Posted

I own a duplex and have a tenant moving out. While performing a walkthrough I noticed the tenant that lives in the other side had cable installed (perfectly fine) however, the cable line is sticking straight out of the front of the property which looks terrible. Can I ask the tenant to have the cable company relocate the wire (moved it to another location) and who fixes the hole and the paint? Shouldn’t the cable company be responsible? 

I have no clue why the cable company would drill a hole into the front of my property like that. I forgot to take a picture of the cable. But I attached a pic of the front of my property. The black cable line is coming straight out of the front left side of the attic on top of the left garage, then leads around the garage and down to the cement then the left to the door area where there is another hole going into the house. I was always aware of the hole near the front door where cable line would enter. Just don’t know why they would have the line come straight out the front of my property.

Loading replies...