My name is Dominic Boyle, I am a new agent in stark and summit county area. I have been in real estate investing for the past handful of year. I have flipped a couple of houses and currently own and manage my own quadplex in Jackson Township. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on finding partners for long term rental properties. In my situation I would handle the day to day work (mow, snow removal, repairs, rent collection) as I have experience in that area for the past couple of years.
Any advice would be awesome, as to where to look, who to ask etc.?
Networking is the name of the game here! The best place to start, especially as a new agent, is with your Sphere of Influence--friends, family, co-workers, people you have done business with in the past. You'll likely be reaching out to them to talk real estate and let them know you're a new agent anyway, so it's the perfect time to also let them know you're an investor and always looking for partners.
Besides your sphere, you'll want to continue networking however you can--attend local real estate meetups; community events; continue being active and developing relationships on BiggerPockets!
Networking is the name of the game here! The best place to start, especially as a new agent, is with your Sphere of Influence--friends, family, co-workers, people you have done business with in the past. You'll likely be reaching out to them to talk real estate and let them know you're a new agent anyway, so it's the perfect time to also let them know you're an investor and always looking for partners.
Besides your sphere, you'll want to continue networking however you can--attend local real estate meetups; community events; continue being active and developing relationships on BiggerPockets!
Are you trying to be like a syndicator/sponsor? Or more of a property manager? Do you want to find and manage the deals and have someone else bring the capital? Or do you want to manage someone else's deal?
Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y
Partner?? It sounds like you want someone to buy it and you will do the PM . Why would someone not just buy it and hire a PM co, what are you bringing to the table, what am I missing?
Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
3y
Your ideal candidate is someone who has a full time job and needs to park their money somewhere. You need to build a good rapport with this person and build trust