(RE) Financing. Can/Should I go portfolio? or Individual loans

(RE) Financing. Can/Should I go portfolio? or Individual loans

Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 20 votes

All Right Bigger Pockets- Help me with this one.

I own 4 SFR in the Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale areas. One is my primary residence. One is the family home where I grew up and Mom still lives (but will be moving out of). One is a TownHouse I picked up in Tempe at a good value as a BRRR play. The last one is a Custom Remodel that is to be Mom's new Forever Home.

(Running Values conservatively)
1) Tempe TH is worth $250k, owe $196k HM, Leased @$1800/mo til May31.2021
2) Primary is worth $300k, Free and Clear
3) Family Home is worth $600k, owe $300k on Heloc, will lease around $3200-$3500/mo (after light rehab)
4) Mom's new Home is (will be) worth $500k, owe $353k HM

All told, about $1.65M in asset value with $550k in HM that needs to get gone and $300k drawn from Heloc that is actually at a decent rate (about 2%) but would be fine with unloading.

My Questions Are: I intend to put together a Living Trust for Mom and move assets into the Trust.
1) Should I do LLCs for each property?
2) Should I try a portfolio loan? Where do I go for that?

Mom's forever Home should be completed in a few weeks. The Tempe TH was finished and leased last week. I would like to refinance sooner rather than later, but am curious to hear your thoughts on whether to wait and do it as a package. I would appreciate your feedback and expertise. Thanks.

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor / Attorney · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 388 posts · 265 votes
    6y

    From a legal standpoint, you want each property in a separate LLC. This protects the equity from one property being used to satisfy the debts/obligations of another property. But you'd have to talk to a lender about how that affects your financing plays.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.