Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Personal Finance
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Liam Ritter
Votes |
Got an unsecured business line of credit

Liam Ritter
Posted

Got $100k business line of credit with 710 credit score to buy some more properties.

Do you think it is better idea to buy a rental house (worth $70k) with the credit card paying all? Or do downpayment 20% with it (approx. $14k) and get a DSCR for 80% to close?

APR 0% for 18months

User Stats

Votes
Jason Taken
Lender
  • Lender
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Chicago, IL
Replied
Quote from @Liam Ritter:

Got $100k business line of credit with 710 credit score to buy some more properties.

Do you think it is better idea to buy a rental house (worth $70k) with the credit card paying all? Or do downpayment 20% with it (approx. $14k) and get a DSCR for 80% to close?

APR 0% for 18months

Only you can answer that. You have all the underlying math and ROI numbers in your pocket.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
Agent
Pro Member
#5 Starting Out Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
#5 Starting Out Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied

First question would be do you have money just in case or are you leveraging everything? I don't think it'd be good to use leverage as a DP then get a loan. If you are going to use the business line of credit I would do a flip or BRRR. That way you can pay back the line of credit and reuse it. 18 months seems like awhile but anything can happen in that span of time

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Max Ferguson
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied
Quote from @Liam Ritter:

APR 0% for 18months

That all depends on the numbers for the deal. Do you have an out if the market downturns and you can't refi as expected or for as much? 

I am also curious where you procured the line of credit from? We may be doing renovations upwards of 80-100k on a property here shortly. This may be the best use for us before the refinance. thanks!
MF Home Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Liam Ritter
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Caleb Brown:

First question would be do you have money just in case or are you leveraging everything? I don't think it'd be good to use leverage as a DP then get a loan. If you are going to use the business line of credit I would do a flip or BRRR. That way you can pay back the line of credit and reuse it. 18 months seems like awhile but anything can happen in that span of time

I do have some cashes around 60k just for protection. Was thinking of buying turn key property with paying all money from credit card but I guess BRRR could be done better. So I guess when I do BRRR, once I get refinanced, I pat off the debt from credit card and re-do BRRR I guess? Is this what you meant? 

User Stats

Votes
Myeasha Jones
  • Property Manager
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied

I am curious with what bank is the line of credit? - I need that! 

Which of the two options make you more uncomfortable? Do that 1.

User Stats

Votes
Rohit Narayan
  • Ft worth
Votes |
  • Ft worth
Replied

Would like to know how you secured the BLOC. Thanks