Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tim George
Votes |
New Landlord in Nashville

Tim George
Posted

Hey all, 

I just purhchased a larger primary due to a baby on the way. While I can float the expenses I am looking to rent out my current smaller home in East Nashville. Currently I am looking for a property management company that may be a good fit for a first time landlord and am reaching out here to hopefully find some guidance.

While I realize it's a lot to ask I. Would love to speak with anyone in the Nashville area who is willing to talk property management or just rental in general. 

Thanks in advance :) 

User Stats

Votes
Luka Milicevic
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied

@Tim George

Congrats on the baby!

Let me know what questions you have...

Since it's just one property, have you thought of self managing? 

• Real Estate Agent Tennessee (#358883)

Middle TN Home Alliance Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tim George
Votes |
Replied

Hey Luka,

Hope you are well. I have considered self managing but wouldn’t know where to begin. have read a lot of conflicting information regarding setting up LLCs for a home rental. How to build out a contract. Weather it’s a good idea to have an attorney write one up if self-managing. Also with a new baby having someone solid to help in the event of something like an HVAC sewer line going out may be helpful (although that’s probably outside of the scope of PM helping address/coordinate).

Currently getting a few things fixed up for the home.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Tim George
Votes |
Replied

Sorry @Luka Milicevic forgot the tag.

User Stats

Votes
Cassie Bedore
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Replied
Quote from @Tim George:

Hey all, 

I just purhchased a larger primary due to a baby on the way. While I can float the expenses I am looking to rent out my current smaller home in East Nashville. Currently I am looking for a property management company that may be a good fit for a first time landlord and am reaching out here to hopefully find some guidance.

While I realize it's a lot to ask I. Would love to speak with anyone in the Nashville area who is willing to talk property management or just rental in general. 

Thanks in advance :) 

Leslie Eggleston manages property n the Nashville area.

She may be able to help you. 720-878-8840