New Investor looking for Mentors, Friendly Advice

New Investor looking for Mentors, Friendly Advice

Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 9 votes

Hello to everyone from Fort Worth, Texas! I am new to the group and just wanted to introduce myself. I started out this year by binge watching/listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast and YouTube channel. I have reached a point that I need to put ourselves out there, and connect with like minded people in my area. I am looking to purchase a Multifamily (duplex,tri,quad) home either in the DFW or surrounding areas, with the intentions using the BRRRR strategy. I have read the Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance and Repeat book as well the Multifamily Millionaire-Vol1 . I have Multifamily Millionaire-Vol 2 but I don't want to get to far ahead of myself. I am hoping to find some like minded souls in my area that are already using the BRRRR strategy. I am lacking in real estate knowledge right now but I do have 15 years in the information technology field. I have done everything from Desktop support to ERP database administration and everything in between. Do you need help with a website, your spouse just cant get the printer to work or maybe you help with a server in the office... contact me and I do my best to solve your problem and find you someone who can. Thanks again for this awesome group, looking forward to this Journey!

1Reply
9 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Dee B. congrats on the commitment to real estate. There are plenty of groups that meet throughout DFW. Below are a couple popular groups. If you need to wholesale off the properties you don't like give me a ring.

    https://www.westdfwreigroup.co...

    https://www.dallasreig.com/eve...

    McCaw Property Management4.4902 Reviews
  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Thanks @Kyle Mccaw. I will definitely check out these groups.

  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Dee,

    Congrats on the new venture into REI! Feel free to reach out to me for any questions related to investor programs and how to get that part of the process started.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums!

    Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Dee B.

    If you are new to multifamily investing, you should partner with an experienced agent or investor.

    I recommend you to get in touch with an agent or investor as they have access to more resources and financing options.

    You can start by joining local real estate clubs, attending meetups and connecting with local agents and investors.

    Do a thorough local market research and analysis.

    A local Investor-Agent can help shorten your learning curve and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the market better.

    Good Luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · NJ · Member since 2021 · 567 posts · 127 votes
    4y

    Check these guys, I started with them

    https://www.facebook.com/group...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.