Setting up LLC to invest in another LLC which owns property

Setting up LLC to invest in another LLC which owns property

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 9 votes

I'm in the process of setting up an LLC with two others to invest in a Nevada syndication project which is owned by a Nevada LLC. We will not be purchasing any real estate; rather we will be investing in an LLC which is purchasing and holding the real estate.

My partners and I are California based and It looks like a Delaware LLC offers the best rates for us (Nevada is second). I am trying to find out if this arrangement requires us to file as a "foreign" qualifier, and therefore have to pay the "foreign qualification" fees in Delaware.

Also any suggestions on a better arrangement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I am a do it yourself kind of guy. Giving my money to someone else to invest for me is not appealing. Let me guess, you have no vote or input as to what property the other LLC invests in. I would just do my own deals, but that is a personality thing. Good luck on that.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Thanks, Anthony The syndication project's investor summary includes a thorough analysis of the property, the market, the timeline, as well as detailed investor estimates. Their PPM offers more details. I wouldn't be interested in it if it were were just some TBD project. I know what I'm getting into and I know the risks involved. Now I'm just trying to figure out the most advantageous partnership arrangement. 

    Cheers

  • Bill SchrimpfBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 349 posts · 189 votes
    9y

    @Paul OBryan NV offers series LLC's. That may be a more cost effective and elegant solution.

    ERA Realty Central - Bill Schrimpf58 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.