Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ellen Cheng
Votes |
Tax deductions for mileage when managing property for parents?

Ellen Cheng
Posted

Hi, my parents live in California and recently purchased two investment properties in Atlanta, GA. I am taking care of the properties for them (repairs, getting tenants, etc.). My parents are not paying me as a property manager and I don't want to be paid because I don't want to deal with California state income taxes or other additional tax burdens (and more so, because they are my parents). But I'm wondering if there is a way my parents or I can claim mileage deductions on taxes for my travel related to taking care of their properties. Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I wasn't able to find anything from an Internet search...

Loading replies...