Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chris Allen
Pro Member
  • Temple, TX
Votes |
When to sell properties

Chris Allen
Pro Member
  • Temple, TX
Posted

When Do you think the best time would be to sell off a small portfolio? 

long story short, I will be starting grad school next year and will not be able to work while in school for the next three years. I am wanting to sell off my 4 properties and use those proceeds to help fund the next 3 years of living expenses for my family and I. 

Question is, should I go ahead and sell off all the properties now while I am still have a job and sell will be reflected on 2024 Taxes, them 0 income next 3 years. Sell them all off next year when my earned income will be $0, or try sell Mayne 1 or 2 now, and then the other two next year? 

I would immagine from a tax perspective, next year i would be in a much lower tax bracket, but then i am not sure if i might be missing something in regards to student loans, etc...

Loading replies...