Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Creative Real Estate Financing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ernie Be
Votes |
Ira rmd question

Ernie Be
Posted

My financial advisor is on vacation so I thought I'd throw the question out here. I am not that knowledgeable as far as finances go. I have an ira with around 200k in it. I keep the rmd the lowest possible however to secure a loan on a home I inherited I had to adjust the rmd higher...now I want to move it back where it was because I am very conservative and like to have money for the unforseen future . My question simply is, does increasing your rmd from say 600 dollars to around 2grand a month significantly affect a loss of the IRA? Is it just a numbers game? At the end of the year would it be 200k minus 2 grand x 12? With the 600 taken it out it generally says in the 200k range at the end of the year. I realize markets come into play but I would just like a general idea. Thank you and hope I made sense.

Loading replies...