Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes

Looking at DSCR Loans and Need Advice

Posted Mar 28 2024, 18:21

Hello all,

I am new to bigger pockets, but I do have experience in real estate investing with SFH rentals in Northeast PA. Due to horrible, and I mean horrible property managers in the area (the one known as being the best admitted to me she recently had an employee steal over a million from landlords and she didn't think it was her fault), I decided to hire a family member full time to start managing properties for me. With that said, I am looking to begin ramping up my buying now that I have someone I can trust out there (I am located out west now).

My goal (which is doable) is to buy properties with a DSCR score of 2 or more and go the DSCR route. I've spoken with a few lenders who are amicable to sub 100k loans, but the lender/broker fees total about 8% of the entire loan amount. Is this pretty average? I'm being quoted by one lender around 8% currently with 30% down and another lender with 20% down. Fees are somewhat similar.

My questions:

1. Are $4800 in lender fees on a $56,000 DSCR loan within range?

2. To preserve capital, can I make slightly higher offers on properties and have the seller pay toward these fees? 

3. Does anyone know if more competitive DSCR lenders who I should speak with about my situation? I also thought about buying two houses in the same deal, but my long term broker (the 30% broker) who said they can not do that. I could bundle multiple loans in a refinance situation down the road but not the initial deal to save on fees.

My next issue is finding a hard money lender who will lend less than 75K.  There are some sub 75k deals out there that would make great buy, repair, rent and hold properties but I'd prefer to be able to preserve my own capital as much as possible to knock out quite a few deals this year and in the next several years. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Loading replies...