403B loan for investment property... vs primary?

403B loan for investment property... vs primary?

Rental Property Investor · Northeast (NJ DE, PA) · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 19 votes

I'm wondering if anyone has taken a "home loan" out on their retirement account and used it for an investment property? Within the guidelines, it says it must be used on a PRIMARY residence. When I called to inquire, they hinted that there's ways to get around this. PLEASE HELP. I know I'd have no problem taking a loan out for general purposes but the max terms are 60 months as opposed to 180 with the "home loan" option. 

I know there must be a lot of people on here with personal experience doing this. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to weigh out the risk... because I DEFINITELY do not want to pay early withdrawal fees and taxes on my hard-earned, pre-taxed savings.

Thanks in advance.

Erica 

0Reply
2 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.