Investment Property Interest Rates in Orlando, FL

Investment Property Interest Rates in Orlando, FL

Winter Park, FL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 7 votes

Hey there, I'm looking at buying another duplex in Orlando as an investment property and curious if anyone's got a good feel on where rates are right now for these? I know single family primary residences are in the mid 2's and an investment property is usually 1-1.5 points higher, but I've heard everything from my local banking relationships from 3.24% APR @ 75% LTV to 5.125% APR @ 80% LTV (which is absurd) so I'm just curious if anyone's got some real experience in the Central FL market lately on purchasing a 2-4 unit deal as an investment property and what rate they got @ what LTV. I currently own a triplex, live in one unit rent the other two, don't have much debt other than my mortgage, and have at least 2x the cash needed for a 20% down payment on this duplex I'm looking at, so I should be a favorable borrower in a lender's eyes. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
5y

Based on Friday’s rate sheet, 75% loan to value(25% down payment as required by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for investment property multi family), you are at 2.99-3.124% based on the presumption that you have great credit. Zero points. 

Single family, townhomes and condos allow for as little as 15% down payment. I am a licensed lender in the State of Florida.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 353 posts · 269 votes
    5y

    @Cooper Forbes I haven’t done a multifamily deal since late 2018 but I purchased two single families and did an investment property refi in central FL this year. Feb 2020 purchase was 3.25%, Oct 2020 refi was 3.125%, Dec 2020 purchase was 3%. I would think most lenders might ask for 25% down on multifamily and the rates would be similar.

  • Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Cooper Reece I got 3.25% on a single family cash out refinance I started back in June with 75% LTV.

  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    5y

    Hi @Cooper Reece message me and I can put you in touch with a couple of my lenders. I am a Realtor and investor in Orlando and have several options from direct lenders that use private money to brokers that can shop for you. 

  • Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
    Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    5y

    Based on Friday’s rate sheet, 75% loan to value(25% down payment as required by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for investment property multi family), you are at 2.99-3.124% based on the presumption that you have great credit. Zero points. 

    Single family, townhomes and condos allow for as little as 15% down payment. I am a licensed lender in the State of Florida.

  • Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
    Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    5y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.