Commercial Credit · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2012 · 2 posts · 1 vote
Is it possible to pay myself a salary or distributions in an LLC set up to manage my existing properties and then use that income as my income to qualify for conventional financing? What I'm trying to get around is showing losses on my Schedule E due to rental depreciation and buying and renovating properties, which are being deducted appropriately as operating expenses. Could I set up a property management LLC, pay myself market rate, and then with positive income secure financing? Is there another way to do this that I'm not thinking of, other than not showing net losses?
Background: I had used most of my mortgages before I quite my corporate job. I'm married, so my husband has been having mortgage financing under his name for our rentals, but we're about to cap out under his 10.