Over 10 Loans and Needing to do a O/O loan?

Over 10 Loans and Needing to do a O/O loan?

Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 47 votes
I currently have 16 rental properties with mortgages on them. I am needing to buy another house for myself. Can I have only 10 loans total? Or is it 10 loans PLUS one more for my primary residence? I can’t get a solid answer on this. All rentals cash flow and have equity and need 60%-70% LTV loan on new primary residence purchase.
1Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew PostellPro Member
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
7y

@Chris Wolfe you can certianly go over the 10 loan "limit" when purchasing a primary home with a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan.  They do permit it.  Not every bank/lender will though.  So just call around to see who can but this can 100% be done with their loan types.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Chris Wolfe you can certianly go over the 10 loan "limit" when purchasing a primary home with a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan.  They do permit it.  Not every bank/lender will though.  So just call around to see who can but this can 100% be done with their loan types.

  • Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Postell thats great news.  Do you know if it matters if the primary residence loan will be jumbo by chance?  I'll also ask my local lenders, I just was wondering if you knew off the top of your head.  Thanks!

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Chris Wolfe oh, if it's a true Jumbo loan then it doesn't matter at all!  Jumbo loans by definition are above the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac limits.  So if you do receive a Jumbo loan, they will have nothing to do with your lending decision.  The 10 loan limit is just for Fannie/Freddie loans.  I hope this makes sense how I am describing it.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Daniel Noble Not exactly....

    When applying for an Owner Occupied Liam, the 10 loan limit is irrelevant. 

    Switching current loans to DSCR underwritten loans has no effect on the "10 mortgaged properties" rule....as long as they are still in his personal name.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.