Private money loan in Oklahoma for small turnkey rental property

Private money loan in Oklahoma for small turnkey rental property

Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 14 votes

Hi everyone,

I am a fairly new real estate investor in Oklahoma City and I am looking for a hard money lender for a great single family investment property. I currently own 1 single family rental and have partial ownership of another single family rental. I have recently started a real estate company with plans of owning long term hold multifamily real estate in the future. We are also working on wholesaling in the Oklahoma City market and I have come across this deal that I believe would be a good addition to my single family portfolio. I am buying a few single family homes before moving up to multifamily in order to learn the property management systems necessary to better succeed in multifamily.

The property that I would like to purchase is a 940 sq. ft. 3 bed, 1 bath house in a B- area of Oklahoma City. The price at which I can get the property for is $53,000. There are currently 4 different parties of prospective tenants who have already submitted rental applications and would like to move in as soon as possible. The current rent price is $725/mo. This would allow me to have upwards of $350 per month in cash flow if I were to put a $10k downpayment on the property and finance $43k. 

If anyone knows of a good hard money lender that would give me the opportunity to speak with them I would love the help! I could potentially pull out a line of credit on my other properties to purchase but there isn't much equity to access yet. Please let me know if you guys have any thoughts or ideas for my situation. 

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a killer week!

0Reply
19 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 577 posts · 240 votes
    9y

    Wougi. 

    This is a great question and I'm glad that you are building up your rental property portfolio. 

    Why are you looking to use a HML? Why don't you get a conventional mortgage at a much lower rate. I have some group who will do this for you if you have the finances to get a conventional mortgage.

  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    @Antoine Martel

    I do not think I would be able to qualify at the moment for a conventional loan do to my income. I have recently quit my full time job to go full time into real estate. I know some think of this as a very risky move but I believe it was my time to make the leap. For this reason I do not have any W2 income, I can only show income from the wholesale deals I have been doing with my LLC. Although I already own assets and have a good credit score I do not think a conventional lender would loan to me because of my lack of guaranteed income.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 577 posts · 240 votes
    9y

    @Wougi Heap of Birds

    Congrats on making that leap. I have made the leap as well. Then a HML is a good choice. I have used Lima One Capital in the past and they are good.

  • Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Thank you. Its going to be a fun journey. Okay I will look them up. What type of rates did you get on your HML's? @Antoine Martel

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 577 posts · 240 votes
    9y

    10-12%

  • Rhett TullisBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 617 votes
    9y

    you might look at commercial loans.  not sure you can get approved with no income but it may be worth a shot, much better terms than hard money.

  • JJ GrittsPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 121 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    Call Scott McLain and his crew at Rid Dirt Lending (reddirtlending.com),  or his brother Rich and RMAC lending (rmaclending.com).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.