High LTV jumbo mortgages for primary residence in MD?

High LTV jumbo mortgages for primary residence in MD?

Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
Slightly off topic, but I know there are a lot here who might have useful knowledge. Anyone have experience with high LTV loans for personal primary residences in the 800k range? I'm looking for someone who lends in MD.
0Reply
16 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    Good Evening,

    What is the value of your property.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
    11y
    About $800k. 

    Originally posted by @Shaun Weekes:

    Good Evening,

    What is the value of your property.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y

    what LTV are you looking for? Purchase, refi, cash out refi?

  • Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    what LTV are you looking for? Purchase, refi, cash out refi?

     Purchase. Our issue is coming up with a down payment plus closing costs.  The home is listed for right at $800k.  I'm trying to see what the options are that would allow us to come to closing with as little cash as possible.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y

    Im pretty sure both the local lenders I work with are going to tell you you need 25% down.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    Im pretty sure both the local lenders I work with are going to tell you you need 25% down.

    Thanks, anyway. I have a credit union that will do 95% LTV with no PMI, so that may be our best bet. It's the enormous closing costs that are the real killer.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Chittenden:
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    Im pretty sure both the local lenders I work with are going to tell you you need 25% down.

    Thanks, anyway. I have a credit union that will do 95% LTV with no PMI, so that may be our best bet. It's the enormous closing costs that are the real killer.

     That is an insanely good deal.  I would jump all over that. What credit union is it?

  • Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:
    Originally posted by @Stephen Chittenden:
    Originally posted by @Russell Brazil:

    Im pretty sure both the local lenders I work with are going to tell you you need 25% down.

    Thanks, anyway. I have a credit union that will do 95% LTV with no PMI, so that may be our best bet. It's the enormous closing costs that are the real killer.

     That is an insanely good deal.  I would jump all over that. What credit union is it?

    NASA FCU. They offer 100% financing to $650k and 95% to $850k for primary residence purchases. Max LTVs are 5 percentage points lower for refinances. No PMI required in either case.

  • Zack KarpPro Member
    Lender · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 833 posts · 774 votes
    11y

    @Stephen Chittenden

    That's a really great product.  I don't think you will find anything better out there for 800K purchase with less out of pocket.  I have lenders that can do 5% down up to 650K loan amount, but NASA is the only place I know of that goes above 650K with 5% down.

    How is the rate?  I would imagine with no MI, they are a little higher.  Maybe some points as well?

  • Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Zack Karp:

    @Stephen Chittenden

    That's a really great product.  I don't think you will find anything better out there for 800K purchase with less out of pocket.  I have lenders that can do 5% down up to 650K loan amount, but NASA is the only place I know of that goes above 650K with 5% down.

    How is the rate?  I would imagine with no MI, they are a little higher.  Maybe some points as well?

     The rate they offered was 5% with -.25 points (so a credit against closing). Maybe a little high, but it seemed pretty good. 

  • Zack KarpPro Member
    Lender · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 833 posts · 774 votes
    11y

    @Stephen Chittenden

    Ahhh...that's the catch. Higher rate for the added risk of the higher LTV and no MI.

    Still a great product if you don't have more than 5% to put down at that price point.

    If you had 10% to put down, I would be in the mid's 3's for the rate with no points.  So it makes sense they would be at 5% with no competition for that product.

    Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Gambrills, MD · Member since 2014 · 372 posts · 88 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Zack Karp:

    @Stephen Chittenden

    Ahhh...that's the catch. Higher rate for the added risk of the higher LTV and no MI.

    Still a great product if you don't have more than 5% to put down at that price point.

    If you had 10% to put down, I would be in the mid's 3's for the rate with no points.  So it makes sense they would be at 5% with no competition for that product.

    Best of luck!

    I figure there is a somewhat higher rate, although mid-3s is lower than I've seen most advertising with 10% down.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.