Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Anna Doumkina
Votes |
Looking to buy a 5-10 properties but need to find financing

Anna Doumkina
Posted

My boyfriend and I are looking to purchase 5-10 properties in the next 12 months that will be then rented to Section 8 tenants. If we find good financing, we can purchase the houses in the next few months. This is in Ohio State.

I do not anticipate the purchase price to be higher than 80,000 USD. However, here is the tricky part. My boyfriend is a foreign national with an ITIN number, US address, and an AMEX in the USA, but he is not a US citizen, so a lot of the times, he is not offered good loan programs. I am a US citizen with a 680 credit score (actually, credit karma shows 680 for one bureau and 710 for another bureau), but I haven't worked in the USA for years, and overall, we are looking to get a DSCR loan. I have one Amex card showing up and a bunch of student loans - do banks take these as trades? Overall, I am trying to find a bank that can still do 85% LTV with this type of credit. Or if there are other nonconventional ways to find financing - please let me know! Since our goal is to scale in real estate and we do have the funds, we would prefer to minimize the deposits and invest into reno where necessary and keep the capital for now for improvements, if they arise. Thank you all in advance!

Loading replies...