Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Hugh Springer
Votes |
Hard Money Financing - Top3 Lessons

Hugh Springer
Posted

1. Confirm (or request) that a Debt Service Company is used

- not just a promissory note for the upfront financing/funding. 

- but a service provider that acts as an alternative for all the things you'd normally get from a mortgage company

2. Confirm that the Debt Service Company used, will provide you with easy access to: 

- monthly/quarterly/annual statements of your pymt history

- ideally, easy user login web or app access

- 1098 or annual (interest payment) tax documentation mailed, emailed, or pdf download-able

- alerts, notifications, and pymt scheduling options for: pymt due, pymt applied/received, outstanding balance, etc.

3. Have a legal advisor or counsel review your documents before signing.

These will make your ultimate exit strategy, post Hard Money financing period, much easier when:

- preparing & submitting paperwork for individual tax returns

- maintaining the note in good stating with consistent payments & digital payment history paper trail

- digital and/or easy access to documentation

- preparing for a Re-Fi, Conventional financing, payoff, or even Flip/Sale & deed/title reconveyance to remove the Hard Money Lein holider at the end of the note's term

Loading replies...