Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sam Wilson
  • Investor
  • Portland, Or
Votes |
How to finance a property with maxed out DTI

Sam Wilson
  • Investor
  • Portland, Or
Posted

Hello everyone, first of all I want to thank you for taking the time to read my post and hopefully give me some advice. I am a newer investor in the Portland area and I need advice on how to move forward with financing my next deal. To get a clear picture of the situation here are my current investments and funds available. 

Property 1: $1,900 - rent / no debt / value 420k+ / Cannot sell

Property 2: $2,800 - rent / PMI - $1,857 / 300k mortgage 2.5% / 590k+ value / Leased month to month

Property 3: $3,700 - rent / PMI - $3,162 / Primary, $450k mortgage 5.3875% / 650k+ value / House hack room by room rental

W-2 income is 6k per month

75k cash

I have identified a property in Wyoming (family there/boots on the ground) for 150k and a rehab of 65k. ARV is north of 240k. Ideally I would be able to buy and renovate this property as well as have funds to buy another primary home to live in and house hack by the end of the year. I'm unsure how to get past the DTI barrier.

How would you structure the recourses to not only do an out of state flip but also be able to move into a 500k plus primary home to house hack in my home state?

I greatly appreciate your time and here's to the best real estate community out there!

Loading replies...