Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tamera Muniz
Votes |
Newbie looking for funding fast

Tamera Muniz
Posted Aug 15 2022, 18:02

I am looking to fund my first rental property as soon as possible but am running into a few financing snags. Applied for a HELOC at local credit union but they're saying it'll take 8 weeks to finish process due to appraisals being behind. Any other quick ways to obtain funding?? Looking at hard money but not sure where to start!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Aug 15 2022, 18:47

@Tamera Muniz there should be several real estate investing groups for Colorado.  Try facebook if you want the virtual thing but some will meet in person through meetup.com or even post here on the Bigger Pockets Marketplace.  We should get you a Hard Money Lender from a local source to close quickly.  I would highly recommend getting it from another investor and not from the lender themselves.  It's hard to know if the lender is any good until you are far into the process....so if another investor has already worked with them then that usually works better for us.  I hope all of that makes sense.

Guaranteed Rate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Miranda Holland
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Macon, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Macon, GA
Replied Aug 15 2022, 19:09

Funding is pretty fast with companies that lend private and hard money.  However, they also require appraisals. Most of the lenders I work with will be ready to fund within a few days after the appraisal report comes in. I sent you a PM

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ashton Hines
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Carrollton, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Carrollton, TX
Replied Aug 15 2022, 19:23

I have used Easy Street and they are quick and very professional. You need appx 25% to close but you can use a 401K loan which is quick to transfer or a partner to put up the money. Basically need 15% of the loan value plus 20% of rehab and 6 months of payments. 

If you have a deal under contract also consider going to a local REI meetup to offer the deal up for someone to fund. Or post on a local Facebook real estate investor page and wholesale it. Better to take $5,000 and pass the deal to someone who can close than lose the deal in my opinion.

User Stats

Votes
Riaz Gillani
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Aug 16 2022, 06:42

@Andrew Postell put it best. Reach out to local lenders who can make decisions based on you + the asset with little to no institutional lag. BP Forums or google something like 'Colorado REIA' is the best starting point. In both cases you'll get an authentic opinion on the services. What you do NOT want to do is search 'Lenders who can close fast' - if you get lucky this can work but the more likely scenario is that you just get the lender who pays the most for SEO ...

You may also want to explore seller financing. It's especially likely / plausible when buying a property that was previously used for rental purposes (B2B). 

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied Aug 16 2022, 13:40

Figure has a fast process.

User Stats

Votes
John Wiedemann
  • Lender
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Aug 16 2022, 17:27

Guaranteed Rate has a quick HELOC program, can be completed/funded in less than 10 days if you qualify. Contact an office in your state to see if they can help you.