Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jon Q.
  • Investor
  • Berkeley, CA
Votes |
How to Get Rich: it’s no secret

Jon Q.
  • Investor
  • Berkeley, CA
Posted

How To Get Rich:

(and it’s no secret)

(1) Be Efficient with Your Time & Money

“In short, the way to wealth, if you desire it, is as plain as the way to market. It depends chiefly on two words: industry and frugality. Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both. He that gets all he can honestly, and saves all he can, will certainly become rich.”

-Ben Franklin

(2) Delayed Gratification (ie saving)

(3) Invest in a Way that Creates Value

High returns result as your investments increase in value. Your investments increase in value due to a change in the market or through sweat equity (you working to increase their value). Ex. Adding value to your product or service that customers are willing to pay more for, beautifying or increasing the square footage of your property, etc).

(4) Leverage Other Peoples Money (OPM)

Obtain a loan (debt) or raise equity, both are forms of OPM. Once you’ve built a good reputation and track record for investing, raising equity gets easier.

(5) Investing Over Time (staying/being invested).

(6) Compounding Returns (reinvesting)

is the not so secret way to get rich.

And it’s HOW the rich really get richer!

Example: If you invested just twenty cents each month and generated a 20% return per month and reinvested all proceeds, in 20 months you’d be worth $1,048,576.

Loading replies...