Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David Haynes
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
The Sky Is Falling! The Sky Is Falling?

David Haynes
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia
Posted

While re-reading one of my favorite books Rich Dad Poor Dad, I came across a powerful quote that speaks directly to pessimists and those influenced by their inactivity.

"WARNING: Don't listen to poor or frightened people. I have such friends, and while I love them dearly, they are the Chicken Littles of life. To them, when it comes to money, especially investments, it's always, 'The sky is falling! The sky is falling!' They can always tell you why something won't work. The problem is that people listen to them. But people who blindly accept doom-and-gloom information are also Chicken Littles."  -Robert Kiyosaki

While working with real estate investors in Philadelphia, PA, I have come across many who are "waiting for COVID to stop" or "waiting for the election results." I too have found, like Robert Kiyosaki, that the inexperienced, uninformed, and "poor" investors are the ones who are always frightened, stalling, and fumbling for excuses to postpone. COVID is just their newest excuse. 

For the EXPERIENCED, SUCCESSFUL, and WEALTHY investors, I have seen the opposite. They have changed their strategies, but they have NOT become INACTIVE. Losing time is more costly to them than losing profit. After all, time is our most precious commodity. These investors get it, and will for sure be the ones who succeed in the end. 

So I have a question... no matter if you're in Philadelphia, New York, or California. No matter if you're a buy-and-holder or a flipper....

Are you bracing for the falling sky? Are you changing your strategy? How are you taking action during this time?

Loading replies...