Looking for suggestions on hard money in Philadelphia suburbs.

Looking for suggestions on hard money in Philadelphia suburbs.

Flipper/Rehabber · Souderton, PA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 2 votes

Hello every one. I am on bigger pockets almost daily reading the forums and listening to podcasts. So, I figured today I’d jump in with my question in hopes of finding a solution.

A house I really like has come onto the market and I’m looking for suggestions on how I can actually buy it. I’d like to buy it for 67k and after a 30k rehab I’m confident I could sell it for 155k. 

Is there any hard money lenders in the philly suburbs people would recommend? I have worked in remodeling for 10 years, but do not have a flipping track record to show them. Slim chance of finding  a hard money loan of 97k before the place sells? thanks for reading!

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Hard Money Lender · Sea Girt, NJ · Member since 2012 · 125 posts · 37 votes
8y

Hi Conrad, you will find that only certain lenders will work with smaller loan amounts as you detail above. That, along with the fact that you are newer, means you need to find a lender who is comfortable with your market and your situation. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions relating to flips in Philly or HML in general. Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 139 posts · 107 votes
    8y

    Conrad,

    Even if you don't have a flipping record, as long as the numbers work out you will be able to find money. They will evaluate you as a higher risk and charge you a greater amount of points/ higher rate as a results. check the following for lenders https://www.biggerpockets.com/hardmoneylenders/pen...

    They they can not help you then go to a bank and apply for a unsecured line of credit. They will give it to you based off risk factors.

  • Pottstown, PA · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 31 votes
    8y

    @Conrad D. I've been looking in the area too. Reach out to @Tyler Willis at FlipFunding to see if they can help you or at least know what to expect with numbers.

  • Lender · Mokena, IL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 261 votes
    8y

    Conrad,

    Some hard money lenders work with newbie investor if credit and assets are strong, but the down payment will likely be higher, and your contribution towards rehab, also. If you can show before and after pictures of some of the renovation completed this may be helpful in finding a HML who can assist you.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Souderton, PA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the responses. I called one lender today and got the ball rolling. My next step is creating a business plan for the house and will use pictures from passed projects to help show that I at least know how to renovate a home. Hopefully I can get funding for the house or have things lined up to move quicker in the future.

    I found the unsecured line of credit through the bank pretty interesting. I hadn’t thought of that before. But, I plan on looking into that as well.

    Thanks again!

  • Hard Money Lender · Sea Girt, NJ · Member since 2012 · 125 posts · 37 votes
    8y

    Hi Conrad, you will find that only certain lenders will work with smaller loan amounts as you detail above. That, along with the fact that you are newer, means you need to find a lender who is comfortable with your market and your situation. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions relating to flips in Philly or HML in general. Best of luck!

  • Real Estate Coach · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 29 votes
    8y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.