Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Garrett
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Florida Panhandle/Illinois
Votes |
Just Fired My Property Manager

Kenneth Garrett
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Florida Panhandle/Illinois
Posted Aug 23 2017, 20:30

I hired my first property manager and it was a terrible experience.  I only signed a 5 month agreement so I could test the waters.  It only lasted 4 months. 

Tenant we inherited never paid and the property manager never informed us.  Two months went buy and I called about progress and the response was "Oh did you want to know about that".  Really!  When we had a vacancy I had to tell them to place an ad.  They just never seemed to have any urgency for anything.  When tenants were late in paying they had that no big deal attitude.  We'll collect it.  We tested the management by having someone call to schedule an appointment.  They weren't even sure which property was ours.  They did not ask any questions or provide attributes of the property.  When we didn't show for the meeting as we were inside the unit, the management member never got out of his car to check the unit to make sure it was presentable.  He never called to see where the applicant was.  He just sat in his car on his phone and then left.  No Big Deal.  That was the last straw.     

I have self managed prior to this experience.  At some point I will need to hire a good manager as I am at about the limit for managing units.  I will take much more time interviewing property managers to select the right one.  I know what it takes to manage so I chalk this up to another seminar (learning experience) as Rod Khleif would say.

Would love to hear any feedback on your experiences with Property Managers.      

Loading replies...