Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Help us find BiggerPockets Real Estate podcast guests!

Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorPosted
Calling seasoned investors who are willing to share their experiences with our community:

@Dave Meyer host of the BiggerPockets Real Estate podcast is hoping to find some BP community members to interview for upcoming shows. Think you might be a great fit? Please let us know at biggerpockets.com/guest For this round we're specifically looking for folks who are now real estate investors who fall into one of two experiences:

• Did you start your real estate journey with a significant amount of savings you were able to stockpile to start your investing journey from a well paying full-time job?

Or

• Did you start your real estate journey not as an investor but as a full-time employee in a real estate related field - lending, contracting, working for a developer, etc?

Have another great story that doesn't fall into one of these categories? Don't be afraid to share, we'd love to chat. biggerpockets.com/guest

a graphic titled "seeking stories" that displays the information written in the above post
  • Rene Hosman
  • User Stats

Votes
    Replied

I'm new to Bigger Pockets and looking to buy my first house/multi. I would love to see a mentorship series on Bigger pockets that walks one or possibly multiple candidates through the process of investing in their first property.

User Stats

Votes
    Jonathan Klemm
    Contractors
    Pro Member
    • Contractor
    • Chicago, IL
    Votes |
    Contractors
    Pro Member
    • Contractor
    • Chicago, IL
    ModeratorReplied

Hey @Rene Hosman - I'd love the opportunity to hop on the show!  

I am more so in option two. I had a super traditional W2 job and, BECAUSE OF BIGGERPOCKETS, made the transition from W2 -> into a non-traditional start-up prop-tech company (fired twice in one month)-> Then, I started our own tech-focused general contracting business serving new to intermediate real estate investors.

I've more or less retired as a real estate investor (I still have about 50+ doors, but nearly every one of my deals went sideways for one reason or another), and NOW my ONE THING is working as a GC.

@Dave Meyer

Steadily logo
    Steadily
    |
    Sponsored
    America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
    Bruce Woodruff
    Pro Member
    #1 Contractors Contributor
    • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
    • West Valley Phoenix
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    #1 Contractors Contributor
    • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
    • West Valley Phoenix
    Replied

I've got lots of stories re construction, flipping, and general investing. Some of them are even tame enough for a BP podcast.

User Stats

Votes
    Rene Hosman
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    ModeratorReplied
    Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

Hey @Rene Hosman - I'd love the opportunity to hop on the show!  

I am more so in option two. I had a super traditional W2 job and, BECAUSE OF BIGGERPOCKETS, made the transition from W2 -> into a non-traditional start-up prop-tech company (fired twice in one month)-> Then, I started our own tech-focused general contracting business serving new to intermediate real estate investors.

I've more or less retired as a real estate investor (I still have about 50+ doors, but nearly every one of my deals went sideways for one reason or another), and NOW my ONE THING is working as a GC.

@Dave Meyer

Thanks so much for the info Jonathan! I'm not the one to promise anything as I am not one of the very talented producers at BP, but please submit your info through the link biggerpockets.com/guest and we keep inquiries on file for the future too! It's definitely a priority to be putting the spotlight on awesome community members like yourself who have used the content and education BP provides to build a better life for themselves however that looks!

I really appreciate you sharing and I'm thrilled to hear that BiggerPockets has been a helpful part of your journey

• Rene Hosman
  • User Stats

Votes
    Rene Hosman
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    ModeratorReplied
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

I've got lots of stories re construction, flipping, and general investing. Some of them are even tame enough for a BP podcast.

I see you all over the forums Bruce! I know you've got stories for sure, especially as a contractor I'm sure y'all see wild stuff!

• Rene Hosman
  • User Stats

Votes
    JD Martin
    Pro Member
    • Rock Star Extraordinaire
    • Northeast, TN
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Rock Star Extraordinaire
    • Northeast, TN
    ModeratorReplied

I'd put a vote out there for Bruce, he would be an interesting guest. Another thought is to find some previous guests (like myself) that are still around, or still alive, and bring them back some years after their previous show, to kind of document their RE journey. I could probably think of at least half a dozen old guests I'd love to hear from again to see how things have progressed since 5, 6, 7 years ago. New listeners really need to understand that RE is a long game and bringing back people that have been doing it for a long time and getting that perspective would definitely be worthwhile. 

• JD Martin
  • User Stats

Votes
    Chris Seveney
    Pro Member
    #2 All Forums Contributor
    • Investor
    • Virginia
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    #2 All Forums Contributor
    • Investor
    • Virginia
    Replied
    Quote from @Rene Hosman:
    Calling seasoned investors who are willing to share their experiences with our community:

@Dave Meyer host of the BiggerPockets Real Estate podcast is hoping to find some BP community members to interview for upcoming shows. Think you might be a great fit? Please let us know at biggerpockets.com/guest For this round we're specifically looking for folks who are now real estate investors who fall into one of two experiences:

• Did you start your real estate journey with a significant amount of savings you were able to stockpile to start your investing journey from a well paying full-time job?

Or

• Did you start your real estate journey not as an investor but as a full-time employee in a real estate related field - lending, contracting, working for a developer, etc?

Have another great story that doesn't fall into one of these categories? Don't be afraid to share, we'd love to chat. biggerpockets.com/guest

a graphic titled

I have plenty of stories to share over the past 25+ years that I believe would be helpful to others on BP, especially starting out as a full time W2 to now running my own company.

• Chris Seveney
  • User Stats

Votes
    Henry Clark
    Pro Member
    #1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
    • Developer
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    #1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
    • Developer
    Replied
    Quote from @Andrew Lawn:

I'm new to Bigger Pockets and looking to buy my first house/multi. I would love to see a mentorship series on Bigger pockets that walks one or possibly multiple candidates through the process of investing in their first property.

OP check out the BP boot camp program.  
  • Henry Clark
  • User Stats

Votes
    Andrew Syrios
    Pro Member
    • Residential Real Estate Investor
    • Kansas City, MO
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Residential Real Estate Investor
    • Kansas City, MO
    ModeratorReplied

I'm pretty awesome I think. But then again, I might be a wee bit biased...

• Andrew Syrios
  • User Stats

Votes
    Sebastian Bennett
    • Investor
    • Bucks County
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • Bucks County
    Replied

Dutch Mendenahll! He went from being a volunteer baseball coach to overseeing a two hundred million real estate empire. He is also active on BP promoting his business. I think this would be a great listen!

User Stats

Votes
    Michael Quarles
    Professional Services
    #1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
    • Flipper/Rehabber
    • Bakersfield, CA
    Votes |
    Professional Services
    • Flipper/Rehabber
    • Bakersfield, CA
    Replied

This thread is so weird.  

As someone who did two podcast way back when Brandon and Josh were here seems strange to even think of doing another podcast 

BP should have an auto podcast list of providers who have contributed “X” numbers of posts. Even if they’re butt heads.  

However I would like to add my third.  It would be fun to see the difference between then and now.  Culture has changed how much did BP change with it? 

User Stats

Votes
    George Munoz
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Replied
    Quote from @Rene Hosman:

Or

a graphic titled

Hint: You might be able to find many of these seasoned investors through your own platform (BP). Check out the local events section.

Simply select a state, and you’ll often find a leader hosting real estate events in their community.

This is how I find my own guests—by connecting with those local communities and bring them as a guest on my own event .. 

• George Munoz
  • NREIG  logo
    NREIG
    |
    Sponsored
    Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
    Tom O.
    • Chicago
    Votes |
    • Chicago
    Replied

My first building was a four unit in a rough Hispanic neighborhood in Chicago and I had to get the Latin Kings out of the building. I think that story alone would make a good episode but, of course, I have other stories to share. But I'm small potatoes: 25 doors in four buildings. But I only just started before the Pandemic. 

User Stats

Votes
    Jonathan Klemm
    Contractors
    Pro Member
    • Contractor
    • Chicago, IL
    Votes |
    Contractors
    Pro Member
    • Contractor
    • Chicago, IL
    ModeratorReplied

Chicago Latin Kings are no joke @Tom O.!  Neither is 25 doors in 4 years!

Keep it up, brother!

User Stats

Votes
    Jacopo Iasiello
    • Investor
    • Miami Beach, FL
    Votes |
    • Investor
    • Miami Beach, FL
    Replied

@Rene Hosman I'm waiting for this! :) 

User Stats

Votes
    Rene Hosman
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    ModeratorReplied

@Tom O. & @Jacopo Iasiello did y'all use the link to apply?! I have no decision power but hope you hear your stories!

• Rene Hosman
  • User Stats

Votes
    Nathan Fernandez
    • Chicago, IL
    Votes |
    • Chicago, IL
    Replied

@John Warren would be an amazing guest on here. He is a rockstar agent who owns a property management company in addition to his significant multifamily portfolio. He’s my go to on any questions or issues I need help with!

User Stats

Votes
    Rene Hosman
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Denver, CO
    ModeratorReplied
    Quote from @Andrew Lawn:

Not exactly what you're thinking of, though that's a great idea and I love it! 

Here's what I'm thinking you might love from BiggerPockets content - Noah has a great youtube series called "How I started" interviewing people about how they found and purchased their first deals - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-okcLQEqzRHkMdEhQWKjx7p-...

• Rene Hosman
  • User Stats

Votes
    Tom O.
    • Chicago
    Votes |
    • Chicago
    Replied
    Quote from @Rene Hosman:

@Tom O. & @Jacopo Iasiello did y'all use the link to apply?! I have no decision power but hope you hear your stories!

OK, i officially "applied." 

User Stats

Votes
    Tom O.
    • Chicago
    Votes |
    • Chicago
    Replied
    Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

Chicago Latin Kings are no joke @Tom O.!  Neither is 25 doors in 4 years!

Keep it up, brother!

Thanks. It's been fun/interesting/profitable. 

User Stats

Votes
    Michael Quarles
    Professional Services
    • Flipper/Rehabber
    • Bakersfield, CA
    Votes |
    Professional Services
    • Flipper/Rehabber
    • Bakersfield, CA