Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Help us find BiggerPockets Real Estate podcast guests!

Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorPosted Sep 12 2024, 10:58
Calling seasoned investors who are willing to share their experiences with our community:

@Dave Meyer host of the BiggerPockets Real Estate podcast is hoping to find some BP community members to interview for upcoming shows. Think you might be a great fit? Please let us know at biggerpockets.com/guest For this round we're specifically looking for folks who are now real estate investors who fall into one of two experiences:

• Did you start your real estate journey with a significant amount of savings you were able to stockpile to start your investing journey from a well paying full-time job?

Or

• Did you start your real estate journey not as an investor but as a full-time employee in a real estate related field - lending, contracting, working for a developer, etc?

Have another great story that doesn't fall into one of these categories? Don't be afraid to share, we'd love to chat. biggerpockets.com/guest

a graphic titled "seeking stories" that displays the information written in the above post

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 12 2024, 17:23

I'm new to Bigger Pockets and looking to buy my first house/multi. I would love to see a mentorship series on Bigger pockets that walks one or possibly multiple candidates through the process of investing in their first property.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Sep 13 2024, 14:38

Hey @Rene Hosman - I'd love the opportunity to hop on the show!  

I am more so in option two. I had a super traditional W2 job and, BECAUSE OF BIGGERPOCKETS, made the transition from W2 -> into a non-traditional start-up prop-tech company (fired twice in one month)-> Then, I started our own tech-focused general contracting business serving new to intermediate real estate investors.

I've more or less retired as a real estate investor (I still have about 50+ doors, but nearly every one of my deals went sideways for one reason or another), and NOW my ONE THING is working as a GC.

@Dave Meyer

Demo
Practice finding and analyzing deals
Follow a few simple steps to view a practice deal.
Step 1 | Find a market
Tulsa, OK
$231,902 - Median Home Value
5.97% - YoY Rent Growth
$1,351 - Median Rental Income
0.58% - Rent/Price Ratio
4.56% - Appreciation
0.77% - Population Growth Rate
See Practice Deals

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#1 Contractors Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Contractors Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Sep 13 2024, 14:59

I've got lots of stories re construction, flipping, and general investing. Some of them are even tame enough for a BP podcast.

User Stats

Votes
Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Sep 13 2024, 15:32
Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

Hey @Rene Hosman - I'd love the opportunity to hop on the show!  

I am more so in option two. I had a super traditional W2 job and, BECAUSE OF BIGGERPOCKETS, made the transition from W2 -> into a non-traditional start-up prop-tech company (fired twice in one month)-> Then, I started our own tech-focused general contracting business serving new to intermediate real estate investors.

I've more or less retired as a real estate investor (I still have about 50+ doors, but nearly every one of my deals went sideways for one reason or another), and NOW my ONE THING is working as a GC.

@Dave Meyer

Thanks so much for the info Jonathan! I'm not the one to promise anything as I am not one of the very talented producers at BP, but please submit your info through the link biggerpockets.com/guest and we keep inquiries on file for the future too! It's definitely a priority to be putting the spotlight on awesome community members like yourself who have used the content and education BP provides to build a better life for themselves however that looks!

I really appreciate you sharing and I'm thrilled to hear that BiggerPockets has been a helpful part of your journey

User Stats

Votes
Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Sep 13 2024, 15:43
Quote from @Andrew Lawn:

I'm new to Bigger Pockets and looking to buy my first house/multi. I would love to see a mentorship series on Bigger pockets that walks one or possibly multiple candidates through the process of investing in their first property.

Thank you so much for the feedback Andrew! I think that's a super fun idea!

User Stats

Votes
Rene Hosman
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Sep 13 2024, 15:44
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

I've got lots of stories re construction, flipping, and general investing. Some of them are even tame enough for a BP podcast.

I see you all over the forums Bruce! I know you've got stories for sure, especially as a contractor I'm sure y'all see wild stuff!

User Stats

Votes
JD Martin
Pro Member
  • Rock Star Extraordinaire
  • Northeast, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rock Star Extraordinaire
  • Northeast, TN
ModeratorReplied Sep 13 2024, 21:24

I'd put a vote out there for Bruce, he would be an interesting guest. Another thought is to find some previous guests (like myself) that are still around, or still alive, and bring them back some years after their previous show, to kind of document their RE journey. I could probably think of at least half a dozen old guests I'd love to hear from again to see how things have progressed since 5, 6, 7 years ago. New listeners really need to understand that RE is a long game and bringing back people that have been doing it for a long time and getting that perspective would definitely be worthwhile. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Sep 14 2024, 05:22
Quote from @Rene Hosman:
Calling seasoned investors who are willing to share their experiences with our community:

@Dave Meyer host of the BiggerPockets Real Estate podcast is hoping to find some BP community members to interview for upcoming shows. Think you might be a great fit? Please let us know at biggerpockets.com/guest For this round we're specifically looking for folks who are now real estate investors who fall into one of two experiences:

• Did you start your real estate journey with a significant amount of savings you were able to stockpile to start your investing journey from a well paying full-time job?

Or

• Did you start your real estate journey not as an investor but as a full-time employee in a real estate related field - lending, contracting, working for a developer, etc?

Have another great story that doesn't fall into one of these categories? Don't be afraid to share, we'd love to chat. biggerpockets.com/guest

a graphic titled

I have plenty of stories to share over the past 25+ years that I believe would be helpful to others on BP, especially starting out as a full time W2 to now running my own company.

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied Sep 15 2024, 07:07
Quote from @Andrew Lawn:

OP check out the BP boot camp program.  

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Sep 15 2024, 19:20

I'm pretty awesome I think. But then again, I might be a wee bit biased...

User Stats

Votes
Sebastian Bennett
  • Investor
  • Bucks County
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bucks County
Replied Sep 16 2024, 10:12

Dutch Mendenahll! He went from being a volunteer baseball coach to overseeing a two hundred million real estate empire. He is also active on BP promoting his business. I think this would be a great listen!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Sep 16 2024, 23:20

This thread is so weird.  

As someone who did two podcast way back when Brandon and Josh were here seems strange to even think of doing another podcast 

BP should have an auto podcast list of providers who have contributed “X” numbers of posts. Even if they’re butt heads.  

However I would like to add my third.  It would be fun to see the difference between then and now.  Culture has changed how much did BP change with it? 

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
George Munoz
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Sep 17 2024, 07:16
Quote from @Rene Hosman:

Or

a graphic titled

Hint: You might be able to find many of these seasoned investors through your own platform (BP). Check out the local events section.

Simply select a state, and you’ll often find a leader hosting real estate events in their community.

This is how I find my own guests—by connecting with those local communities and bring them as a guest on my own event ..