Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Medina
Pro Member
Votes |
Tax Pro Advice

Jeremy Medina
Pro Member
Posted Jul 11 2024, 09:34

Hi there BP family!

Looking for some advice. Towards the end of last year I used the BP tax pro finder and began working with a tax pro in January to file 2023 taxes and go over tax strategy. I’m just starting my RE journey so I know my taxes aren’t very complicated, but still I wanted to use a professional and invest in proper tax planning from the start. In early march I submitted all the documents they needed from me expecting some follow-up. Then in April, I was notified that my taxes would be extended but that I should expect them to be filed soon. In May, I reached out for an update and to see if anything else was needed from me, but no response. In June, I reached out again and then got a response saying they weren’t sure why my return was not submitted but would be looking into it. I know the easy answer here is to find a new tax pro, but is there anyway to check if my taxes were filed? Would I be responsible for late submission fees? Can anyone recommend a tax pro to help me? What would you do in my situation?

Loading replies...