Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Alexi Arduengo
Votes |
Seller financing question

Alexi Arduengo
Posted

Hello everyone. I'm about to close a seller finance deal and seller now is asking me what happens if I die. Is there a way Seller can get propery back without probation. Any suggestions? thank you

User Stats

Votes
Tom Gimer
Pro Member
  • DMV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • DMV
Replied

Unless the seller/lender is added to title as a joint tenant, which would be downright stupid, the only other way they are “getting the property back” after the death of the buyer/borrower would be to foreclose and be the high bidder at the auction.

User Stats

Votes
Chad U.
  • Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied
Quote from @Alexi Arduengo:

Hello everyone. I'm about to close a seller finance deal and seller now is asking me what happens if I die. Is there a way Seller can get propery back without probation. Any suggestions? thank you

If you don't have a Will and/or your heirs don't open probate after your death whereby they could deed it back to him, then the only recourse is foreclosure.

CV3 Financial logo
CV3 Financial
|
Sponsored
Fix & Flip | DSCR | Construction Loans Up to 90% LTV - Up to 80% Cash Out - No Income Verification - No Seasoning Requirements