Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Lucas Hunt
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Looking to purchase 10-15 single family homes in Dallas-Fort Worth

Lucas Hunt
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Posted

Hello BP Fam, I've liquidated a few of my brokerage accounts to add some more rental properties to my arsenal. I'm looking to purchase 10-15 new-build single family homes (250k-$300k range) as long term holds. It would be preferable for all of them to be in the same general area of DFW. 

All of my current rentals were purchased from Lennar up in Princeton, and recently Lennar has stopped selling to investors here. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the BUILDERS and cities/subdivisions that I could target? Really need a builder that is investor friendly in the price range noted above.

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied

I think you might have to find one of the local builders vs the production ones. Might be better too, so that you get in non-HOA neighborhoods and where investors are more spread out.

Maybe someplace like Sanger, Lavon, Caddo Mills, Celeste, Greenville has a ton of options.

While they may have sold to or allowed investors to buy, we're seeing more neighborhoods with HOA turn against investors. Changing the rules. Implementing restrictions and hurdles, and fees. That hurts and is frustrating.

User Stats

Votes
Diego A.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Flower Mound, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Flower Mound, TX
Replied

Investing in new builds is becoming challenging too. In my area around Flower Mound they are still allowing it but prices are high.

I know that new builders in the Fort Worth area are allowing it too, but most of them are.small builders and you need to dig in to find them.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mushtaq G.
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • Plano, TX
Replied

@Lucas Hunt I am looking for something similar, did you find any SFRs in that price range

User Stats

Votes
Justin Brickman
Agent
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

I know a few great builders for you strategy. Feel free to DM