Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
An Nguyen
Votes |
Fixer upper or Good condition house for Rental

An Nguyen
Posted Jun 10 2024, 19:19

Hey everyone, 

I am learning to get into RE investment field, my plan is taking out equity of first primary house to buy another one for rent (single or multi family). My primary house estimate value is around $450k, I still owe $60k for mortgage, and I have $45k in high yields saving now. 

For the last few days I have done some research for fixer uppers projects BRRRR, my lender recommended go for HELOC because we try to keep expenses downs and easy to access the funds. And or course, short term loan for HELOC and then refinance later. But I have read many topics on here, many investors facing difficulties with BRRRR now as the market is "not right" which make me have to think again about this strategy. (70% rule still working for this market?)

My second option is no Fixer-uppers and just buy good condition house for rental investment. But by this way, I do not know if the equity can increase more than BRRRR strategy when refinance or NOT since there is no rehab involved.

With HELOC, I think they allow me to take out 70-80% of equity which will be $250k-$300k. What should be my next move? I am ready for any advice and tips from everyone.
Thank you

An

Loading replies...