Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
Business Line of Credit (Who is best)

Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Posted Apr 19 2024, 12:41

Hi, I have about 13 rental properties likely 14 by end of the summer.  Where is the best place to apply for business line of credit say 30-70k.  I don't need it immediately but likely in case of emergencies or vacancies.  Any advice is warranted on where to get this.

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Apr 19 2024, 14:07

I can't do a business line of credit, but depending on your income/credit etc we can do HELOCs on investment properties if that is something you are interested in (can't do it in TX though so if all your properties are there I may not be able to assist)

Atlas Mortgage Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 19 2024, 14:09

I have 2 in Oklahoma but keep being told they have to be in my name and not my LLC. Extremely frustrating.

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
The Easiest Way to Save 150 hours & $5,000 / year Stop the busy work and start growing your RE business with market leading APY & automated finances

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Apr 19 2024, 14:18

Small hurdle, we typically see people QCD into their personal names, secure the HELOCs, and then switch back to LLC. We also have HELOANs and HELOCs that can fund with the LLC in place I believe, but they are not as fast/good/easy as the ones that fund in personal name.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 19 2024, 14:24
Quote from @Clayton Silva:

Small hurdle, we typically see people QCD into their personal names, secure the HELOCs, and then switch back to LLC. We also have HELOANs and HELOCs that can fund with the LLC in place I believe, but they are not as fast/good/easy as the ones that fund in personal name.

Lets do it.  Looking for 30 to 60k.  I have 13 rentals.  Only 2 in Oklahoma though.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 19 2024, 18:35

Love to do this.  Is the QCD pretty easy and affordable?

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Apr 19 2024, 18:45

Definitely varies by state/county but typically you can prep the deed yourself (fill out a form) and then it's like $100 to record it with the county. 

I'll let you know soon I have to QCD my primary this week into our trust haha but it's a pretty simple process so far. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 07:40

Definitely varies by state/county but typically you can prep the deed yourself (fill out a form) and then it's like $100 to record it with the county. 

I'll let you know soon I have to QCD my primary this week into our trust haha but it's a pretty simple process so far. 

I have an LLC but why put Primary into a trust?

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Apr 20 2024, 10:01

Because I live in the stupid litigious state of California and I don't want my house locked in probate if something should happen to myself and my wife. It's to designate specific beneficiaries similar to a will so there is no confusion when we pass.

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Hernandez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Replied Apr 20 2024, 10:14
Quote from @Nathan Frost:

Hi, I have about 13 rental properties likely 14 by end of the summer.  Where is the best place to apply for business line of credit say 30-70k.  I don't need it immediately but likely in case of emergencies or vacancies.  Any advice is warranted on where to get this.

Fund and Grow is what most people use in my circle. It works. They negotiate everything for you depending on your credit profile. They tell you upfront what they can get before you accept their service. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 10:19
Quote from @Francisco Hernandez:

Fund and Grow is what most people use in my circle. It works. They negotiate everything for you depending on your credit profile. They tell you upfront what they can get before you accept their service. 

Link?

User Stats

Votes
Kai Kopsch
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 20 2024, 10:23

I use American Express business blueprint; they like to work with REI and provide funds ASAP

Kai Kopsch Realty One Group Select Logo

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Hernandez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Replied Apr 20 2024, 10:28

Link?

Just google "fund and grow". Ive had bad experiences posting links in other forums. 

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Point. Click. Approved. Investor Focused Lender. Instant PreQual letters, Rapid Refinances, 13k+ 4.85 Star Reviews & $550 lender credit available now

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 10:31

Link?

Just google "fund and grow". Ive had bad experiences posting links in other forums. 

I found them.  Is it a line of credit or credit cards?

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Hernandez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Replied Apr 20 2024, 11:35

Link?

They are a service. They find credit card companies that issue business credit for your specific profile. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 11:36

Link?

They are a service. They find credit card companies that issue business credit for your specific profile. 

So no line credit?

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Hernandez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Replied Apr 24 2024, 08:25

Link?

So no line credit?

Business Credit cards will have a higher limit if your credit is in good shape and depending on how seasoned your LLC is. These services provide you with the opportunity to maybe land a 0% for 12-18 months card.

If you specifically like the thought of a line of credit then you are going to have to do it the old fashioned way and apply at banks and see what they offer you. All credit cards are lines of credit but not all lines of credit have a card attached to them. It really just comes down to each bank and what they are willing to do for you. 

Try banks that you already have a relationship with. More often than not, they are more accommodating to providing you with a more generous line of credit or terms. 

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied May 7 2024, 14:26

@Nathan Frost, I recommend looking at the MyFico Community tab, and going through the pinned posts at the top of the Business forum.  You can see which business cards report to personal vs report to business, and can search through their forums for best BLOC available.  People post their data so you can see what other folks are getting, what NAISC code to use, and so forth.  I haven't found very much on this site. 

I have found that I can apply for business credit cards, which enable me to do renovations or pay for utilities over a period of time, while I save up for down payments or what have you. I can also get points for my business with Chase or Amex. 

Business lines of credit in my experience will often be high doc, so you need to have your articles of organization, the EIN number from the IRS, any other mbr/managers may have to be signatory to the debt (vs non-PG), and depending on the bank, they often want to see business tax returns.  Some will use bank statements to show a year of income.  They vary quite a bit.  LLCs over 2 years old will be easier than LLCs under 2 years old. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Frost
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied May 7 2024, 17:44
Quote from @Kerry Baird:

@Nathan Frost, I recommend looking at the MyFico Community tab, and going through the pinned posts at the top of the Business forum.  You can see which business cards report to personal vs report to business, and can search through their forums for best BLOC available.  People post their data so you can see what other folks are getting, what NAISC code to use, and so forth.  I haven't found very much on this site. 

I have found that I can apply for business credit cards, which enable me to do renovations or pay for utilities over a period of time, while I save up for down payments or what have you. I can also get points for my business with Chase or Amex. 

Business lines of credit in my experience will often be high doc, so you need to have your articles of organization, the EIN number from the IRS, any other mbr/managers may have to be signatory to the debt (vs non-PG), and depending on the bank, they often want to see business tax returns.  Some will use bank statements to show a year of income.  They vary quite a bit.  LLCs over 2 years old will be easier than LLCs under 2 years old. 

MyFico Community Tab?  Where is that?

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied May 8 2024, 07:10

@Nathan Frost, go to myfico dot com and look for the tab that says "Community" rather than the aspects that provide your FICO score.  Under the community side of things are a bunch of forums, so scroll down to the Business forum.  Look at the top for pinned posts, one of which has business credit cards that report to your personal vs ones that report to your business score.

User Stats

Votes
Jamie O'Connell
Pro Member
  • Elmira NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Elmira NY
Replied May 8 2024, 08:39

Ive used Key Bank. Pretty fast 30k approval with no questions really. I will say Key Bank is a bit annoying to work with (I was warned by guy who recommended and can attest personally that it's true) but honestly not a bad option. Im only 6 MF units and 1 year into it so my options are limited. They are based up north on east coast but prob work around USA. 

User Stats

Votes
Cliff T.
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Jun 4 2024, 06:43
Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

I use American Express business blueprint; they like to work with REI and provide funds ASAP

What type of rate and terms do you have with Amex business blueprint?

User Stats

Votes
Kai Kopsch
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jun 4 2024, 07:29
Quote from @Cliff T.:
Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

What type of rate and terms do you have with Amex business blueprint?

Total monthly fees incurred over the loan term range from 3-9% for 6-month loans, 6-18% for 12-month loans
Kai Kopsch Realty One Group Select Logo
Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.