Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Frank Barletta
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Reviewing Parma, OH for Investment Opportunities

Frank Barletta
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted Apr 15 2024, 10:16

I started spending a lot of time researching new rental markets for myself and recently came across Parma, OH. In this post, I'll share some insights based on my findings and some data to showcase why this market is a great opportunity. Feedback is wanted and greatly appreciated!

About This Market: Parma, Ohio, boasts a stable population driven by affordable housing prices relative to national averages. The local economy is supported by several diverse sectors, including healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, which sustain employment levels and underpin rental demand. Additionally, Parma's proximity to Cleveland enhances its appeal, offering easy access to urban amenities and employment opportunities without the higher living costs associated with larger cities. This combination of affordability, economic stability, and location makes Parma compelling in my research.

Taking a deeper dive into the rental market here, I thought this could be a unique investment opportunity because, despite a seemingly low occupancy rate of 23.90%, the rising rental rates highlight a robust demand for single-family homes (SFH), presenting a lucrative avenue for investors like us.

The
Key Growth Indicator: A significant uptick in SFH building permits during 2022 and 2023 screams a burgeoning market ripe for investment.

Property Highlight: Zooming into the zipcode 44134, let's examine a promising investment with this single-family home.

3104 Liggett Dr, Parma, OH 44134

On this property, I calculate an ARV estimated between $107,000 and $115,000.

If you make a strategic offer of $70,000, complemented by a rough $30,000 renovation investment, you position this property as a prime rental candidate and can command rents between $1,100 and $1,200 monthly.
This scenario forecasts a potential 9.85% cash-on-cash return for an all-cash investment.

Additionally, with a more extensive renovation, the property's resale value could surge above $200,000.

This is just one example, but the above data showcases its potential as an excellent market for single-family home investments. As I've peeled back the layers through data-driven insights on more homes, the opportunities for substantial returns are clear. Happy to share more at some point!

Thanks for reading - I would love to get feedback on this. Please and thank you!

Loading replies...