Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Glendenning
Pro Member
Votes |
Need inside hacks

Amanda Glendenning
Pro Member
Posted

My husband and I have been in the STR business since 2013. We are now transitioning to long term rentals using primarily the BRRR method with our oldest son. I have read in a few places that we can only finance up to 10 properties. #1 is this true? If we have the 20% down does it really matter how many long term rentals we have we have financed? If it is true, what is the hack? Meaning, how do we get around this? Any advise or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amanda 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied
Quote from @Amanda Glendenning:

My husband and I have been in the STR business since 2013. We are now transitioning to long term rentals using primarily the BRRR method with our oldest son. I have read in a few places that we can only finance up to 10 properties. #1 is this true? If we have the 20% down does it really matter how many long term rentals we have we have financed? If it is true, what is the hack? Meaning, how do we get around this? Any advise or direction would be appreciated.
Thanks,Amanda 

What you are referring to is going to commercial lending. There are several ways to acquire properties without running into problems with banks. That's what we focus on. But, it takes knowledge and training and sources. It's a little too complicated to explain in a simple post, but yes, there are ways.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Wolf
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied
Quote from @Amanda Glendenning:

Thanks,

Amanda 

DSCR loans are a way around this. They are business purpose loans for real estate

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hunt
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied

Hi Amanda, 

For business' purpose loans there is no limit (DSCR, Fix & Flip). 20% down payment will open you up to alot of programs.

Feel free to send me a direct message. 

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Minocchi
Pro Member
#5 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Replied

Yes, it's true. You're limited to 10 conventional mortgages. Once you hit that or get to a point where DTI is too high, many people switch to DSCR loans. You'll need at least 20% down for these as well. Big benefit is you don't need to prove income or employment and DTI is irrelevant. You can also close in an LLC. Happy to answer any questions if you'd like to connect!

Barrett Financial Group, L.L.C. Logo