Are turnkey, hands off investing companies legit?

Are turnkey, hands off investing companies legit?

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I’ve been checking out turnkey out of state (I live in Texas) real estate investing companies like Rent to Retirement, Sharestates, etc.  but don’t have a good feel for if they are legit.  By legit I mean actually do what they say, no hidden fees, upfront with pricing..

Does anyone have any experience with them?  Was it positive? 
I have 2 rentals in Austin and 1 in Lindale but they aren’t cash flowing very well.  I have some extra cash so I’d love to be able to invest with confidence.  
Any actual experience feedback is much appreciated! 

1Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Zach LemasterBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y

@John Pocher, yes there are a ton of threads on BP and online in general on sites like BBB where investors share their honest feedback.  Just like with any business or industry, there are good team and not so good team.  Look at reviews, talk with investors and speak with the team you are looking to work with to determine who is the right fit and has a positive reputation.  To assist with your search, here are many forums talking about TK, RTR and investing in general.  Hope this helps.  Reach out at any point in time with any questions.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/765347-rent-to-retirement-review

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/1116050-a-huge-win-with-cori-from-rent-to-retirement

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/44/topics/1058814-first-time-with-new-construction-cape-coral-fl?highlight_post=6055029&page=1

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/850/topics/895660-my-first-investment-property-an-out-of-state-deal

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/88/topics/1047543-big-profits-from-new-construction-sfr-build-in-cape-coral-fl

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/983659-first-investment-property-with-rent-to-retirement?highlight_post=5677176&page=1#p5677176

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/1122318-quality-turnkey-companies?highlight_post=6413855&page=1

https://www.biggerpockets.com/co/RentToRetirement

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/929410-rent-to-retirement-updates?highlight_post=5508807&page=1#p5508807

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/893621-rent-to-retirement-review?highlight_post=5222888&page=1#p5222888

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/915728-experience-with-rent-to-retirement-turnkey?page=1#p5345200

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/808479-rent-to-retirement-experiences

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/518583-feedback-on-renttoretirement-and-zach-lemaster?highlight_post=6192149&page=4&utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional:%20topic_notification_V2&utm_channel=28426&utm_content=Marketing

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/67/topics/952977-turnkey-in-indianapolis-through-rtr-case-study

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/997350-lessons-learned-from-buying-my-first-rental-property?highlight_post=5748036&page=1#p5748036


https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/533693-anyone-worked-with-renttoretirement-turnkey


https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/581730-rent-to-retirement-zach

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/874096-reviews-on-r2r-and-nch?page=1&utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional:%20topic_notification&utm_content=Transactional#p5123754

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/311/topics/883772-turnkey-investing-renttoretirement-feedback-reviews?highlight_post=5171720&page=1#p5171720

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/950188-rent-to-retirement?page=1&utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional:%20topic_notification&utm_content=Transactional#p5535505


https://www.biggerpockets.com/users/ZacharyCole/references

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.