Who actually pays the mortgage in a contract for deed situation?

Who actually pays the mortgage in a contract for deed situation?

Edwardsville, IL · Member since 2017 · 82 posts · 44 votes

Hey everyone, have a quick question. I have been really interested in pursuing some CFD deals, but I want to understand the dynamics of how those deals are structured that way I know how to word an offer. Specifically, when the seller still has a mortgage, who actually pays the mortgage? Does the seller still pay using the funds that the buyer provides via financing, or does the bank create a new relationship with the new buyer? Up until this point, I have secured my owner-financing deals with sellers who have paid off their mortgages. I wish to avoid the direct "mortgage assumption route" and was under the impression that CFD deals are the way to go for that. Just some clarification or maybe a situational breakdown would be great, thanks in advance!

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · USA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 751 votes
    3y

    I just get the owner to notify the lender that the funds will now be coming out this account. The lender doesn't need to know what the relationship between you and the owner.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.