Funding for ADU in backyard of Primary Residence
Hey everybody! This is my first posting in here. I'm hoping to get a couple different perspectives on a particular strategy, so I'm looking forward to any and all advice offered! My wife and I are looking into building and ADU in the backyard of our southern Cali home. We briefly considered selling our house and using the profits to buy a multi family property, but figured it'd be best to stay and build a unit instead (it's a HUGE backyard). We got a quote for about 175k- 200k for a 700 sq ft unit to be built. We DEFINITELY don't have that money lol, we have equity in our house but not enough to cover that amount, and we looked into hard money lending, but all of the lenders I came across don't offer lending on owner occupied residences.
Any other creative ideas on who/where/how to get funding for our ADU project?? Thanks in advance everyone. Might be a stupid question, but maybe there's an option I haven't come across yet and someone out there has an answer!