Seeking advice for lead gen for a luxury spec/custom design-build firm

Seeking advice for lead gen for a luxury spec/custom design-build firm

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am providing SEO and digital marketing consulting for a design-build firm operating in established and up-and-coming luxury mountain communities in the Colorado Rockies. They want more online leads, but I'm quickly learning their bigger issue is outbound sales & marketing, i.e. understanding who their customers (and referral partners) are and engaging them meaningfully.

I've been lurking on BP and researching their build areas and it seems like their primary clients are developers and investors, not individuals building their dream vacation home (though they are part of the mix).

Their value prop is dollar efficiency and speed. I haven't seen financials but they've stated their net income is 30% (spec) and 20-25% (full custom), shovel to keys in 8-9 months.

I'd like to help them execute an outbound S&M strategy but I'm new to this side of the RE world (I was a mortgage lender in a previous life and have some familiarity) and I'm trying to learn more about it. I appreciate any insights y'all might have, and apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @John McGuirk:

    I am providing SEO and digital marketing consulting for a design-build firm operating in established and up-and-coming luxury mountain communities in the Colorado Rockies. They want more online leads, but I'm quickly learning their bigger issue is outbound sales & marketing, i.e. understanding who their customers (and referral partners) are and engaging them meaningfully.

    I've been lurking on BP and researching their build areas and it seems like their primary clients are developers and investors, not individuals building their dream vacation home (though they are part of the mix).

    Their value prop is dollar efficiency and speed. I haven't seen financials but they've stated their net income is 30% (spec) and 20-25% (full custom), shovel to keys in 8-9 months.

    I'd like to help them execute an outbound S&M strategy but I'm new to this side of the RE world (I was a mortgage lender in a previous life and have some familiarity) and I'm trying to learn more about it. I appreciate any insights y'all might have, and apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree.


  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @John McGuirk:

    I am providing SEO and digital marketing consulting for a design-build firm operating in established and up-and-coming luxury mountain communities in the Colorado Rockies. They want more online leads, but I'm quickly learning their bigger issue is outbound sales & marketing, i.e. understanding who their customers (and referral partners) are and engaging them meaningfully.

    I've been lurking on BP and researching their build areas and it seems like their primary clients are developers and investors, not individuals building their dream vacation home (though they are part of the mix).

    Their value prop is dollar efficiency and speed. I haven't seen financials but they've stated their net income is 30% (spec) and 20-25% (full custom), shovel to keys in 8-9 months.

    I'd like to help them execute an outbound S&M strategy but I'm new to this side of the RE world (I was a mortgage lender in a previous life and have some familiarity) and I'm trying to learn more about it. I appreciate any insights y'all might have, and apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree.


     why is their customer developers? unless they are in zoning and land entitlement or land development it wouldn't be developers. if they are that's not a design build firm that's a land development company. make sure to understand how they earn their income and how they come in. how the earn their revenue will be more reflective of what their business is than what they say it is 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.